Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010

> All right I feel like using my email time again.
>
>      This Christmas went really well. Our day started out with a
> baptism. I was given the privilege to baptize Larry Kigi Zeigie. This
> is one of the most amazing people I have had the opportunity to meet.
> Truly someone who was prepared to receive the gospel. The water that
> he baptized in only came up to my shins, so I had to bend pretty far
> to get him all the way under the water. And this being Africa, that
> was not the only issue. As you all know, supplies are few and far
> between, so the baptismal clothes were... how would I say this... very
> form fitting. :) So, as I was baptizing Larry, trying to get him all
> the way under, the white jumpsuit I was wearing tore from my
> midsection to my knee. (And those few seconds about ten people saw
> Elder Taylor's garment bottoms) In my surprise I dropped Larry... He
> came out of the water laughing, I was laughing, the witnesses and
> everyone else were trying not to laugh. Needless to say, we had to re
> perform the ordinance. Second time, no problems. After the baptism I
> had the opportunity to hear Larry bear his testimony. And since my
> coming to Africa that was one of the most humble and pure testimonies
> I have ever heard. I hope that someday I can have a testimony a
> fraction of the testimony I heard from a recent convert at his baptism
> on Christmas Day. Out of all the baptisms I've had the opportunity and
> privilege to assist with, this was the most spiritual baptism I've
> attended. Was it because it was Christmas Day, or was it the testimony
> I heard, or maybe it just felt good to laugh again. Whatever it was,
> it was the great start to a great day.
>     I'm so grateful for all the packages and the letters I received,
> (Even Ashley's Package) every thing was heart warming and uplifting,
> the best part of packages were the 6 cans of Easy Cheeses I received!
> haha you people know me to well :)
>     Talking to the Family was amazing, I'm sorry the time was so short
> I was only given 1 hour and well I had a lot of people to talk to.
> haha It was so good to here your voices again
>      And Right after my phone call the weather turned from African
> sunshine to crazy tropical storm! It was amazing!! the African
> missionary's were doing traditional rain-dances, Talk about nuts. It
> was raining so hard you couldn't see 5 feet in front of you, and when
> ever it thunder the whole earth shook, It was AMAZING, it stayed that
> way all night... and I slept like a baby. That was my first good
> nights sleep in a long time.  It truly was the Icing on the Cake.
>     >                         I love and miss you all, Till next week,
>
>  Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment