Tuesday, June 7, 2011

All is going well

All is going well.
   My companion and I had a pretty good week, we are really improving the area.
We have been working really hard and it is starting to pay off, we think we might have around 10 baptisms this month,  I really hope so, not for sake of numbers or anything, but because truly nothing makes me happier then seeing some one who is truly converted baptize.
  Also I went to the CAT company today to try and get a Liberia CAT sticker for dad,  the French guy who owns it said to come back Saturday when he was in his office, so he could give it to me privately, he said "If I give to you now, and every one sees, well... this is Africa and every one will want one"  also I got offered a job on top of it...  but I told him I’m a missionary and I still have just over a year left to serve,  but who knows maybe later in life.
  My companion and I are planning a missionary fire side, this next Friday, (so not this one but the one after.)
  It will be on the book of Mormon, I’m giving a presentation or instruction on what the book is, and what it talks about, and then we are going to watch the Testaments, followed by a testimony from my companion.   I’ve been praying allot to see what can help this area grow, and I really hope this will let people see, that the Book of Mormon and the scriptures is more then a rule book. It is book telling stories of great people who lived great lives, and living eye witness testimony to our Lord and Savior Christ.   The people here are very visual learners, so I hope this film will help.
   I’m getting these raw sores all over my arms, not so sure how they are getting there....  I think it looks like Leprosy ha-ha,  but I don’t think it’s that bad. We have this travel safe Africa book at the apartment, so we were looking up plausible causes, right now the vote is on bed bugs.    Which I don’t understand because I sleep in a net and wash my sheets regular, and believe it or not keep my room clean.
  That’s really all to report on this week, know I’m happy and doing well
Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment