Monday, April 2, 2012

April 2, 2012

So I this week there was a relief society program at the district

center,  Elder Allred and I had no intention of going, we had a lot of

people we needed to see in our area, so as we were confirming the

plans for the day we received a text message from one of the elders

saying

“Remember we already told you we have baptismal interviews for you,

the people will be at the church at 11:30 waiting for you”

We got this message at 9:30 and we had a baptism scheduled for 11:00.

(let it be known just because someone typed Remember we already told

you, doesn’t mean they already told you)   anyway told them we would

have to push the interviews to 1 O clock, same time as the program.

We got to the baptism it was probably one of the smoothest ran baptisms

I’ve seen on mission, the man baptized is named Abu Bukar and has been

very prepared for the gospel.  The man has been investigating the

church for a few years, he has just changed from Muslim to Christian

with his baptism.

After the baptism we got transport to the district center to do

interviews, the relief society program was just starting.  As we were

standing there waiting for the missionaries to bring those getting

interviewed a few small boys ran up to me, and greeted me.  But one of

them a 2-3 year old called my name. I just kept looking at him the

little boy looked so familiar, and then I realized who he was. He was the

son of a family had had baptized earlier in my mission.  In fact the

son of the first baptism I had in Sierra Leone!  So I asked him if his

Momma was there and he led me to his family.

  How happy it is when you get see those you have come to love

progressing in the gospel, It was so good to see them to see them

happy and to see them fellowshipping with fellow saints.

The Mom told me that they were there for the program. Also that the

small boy had seen me when I walked up and said” That’s Taylor” he

mom didn’t believe him because last they herd I was transferred to a

different side. But the boy persisted and went off on his own to find

greet me ha-ha.    The Crazy thing is when I first met this kid he

couldn’t talk, but know he is older and not only could talk but

remembered my name.  Long story short it was defiantly a memorable

experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment