Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 25, 2010

I'm glad to here how well things are going and I'm so happy to here that grandpas’ funeral went so well. I truly wish more then anything that I could have been there.
   From what Mom tells me it really was a Taylor funeral. And I know that's how grandpa would have wanted it. 
   Well I got a bunch of letters finally along with two packages!  I was surprised at how much mail I received from my Family, that’s what happens when you only get mail every 6 weeks. I got letters from Mom Anji, Hale, from Mom Laura, Bernie, Lilly and Norma. and a package, Also Some letters from Ashley, and she sent a package, most of it made it to me :) Plus one letter from Kelsey Simpson.
    So just so every one knows if you mail me a letter, I'll mail you one back.  Just keep in mind the time it will take for me to receive it, and the time for the reply to make it back to good old America.
     So the crazy things that happened this week are:
We were teaching a lesson as a woman was hit by a car, just a few feet away. (I Didn't Have Latex Gloves) At home that would not have mattered, but here it dose.  She passed fairly quickly.

We witnessed an African traditional wedding. That was cool, the guy finds a girl he likes, then goes up to the brides’ father and tells him he wants to buy his daughter to be his wife. Then the father call's out all of his daughters and the guy has to chose the girl that he saw, and wants to marry, but she is not there, so he tells the father "The woman I saw is not here" Then there is a big song and dance, as they go look for the girl.  Once they find her (In the house waiting) they sing and dance some more then the guy pays the dowry to the father and Ta-Da, they are married.  Believe it or not they still use cows to buy a wife in Africa.

This was just crazy but there is this crazy woman who lives close to us, she is some sort-of Prophetess that wanders around preaching Hell Fire and Damnation. Well... I was one of the witnesses to the horrific scene of her killing a dog because Lucifer was possessing it.... She is crazy. Also one of guard dogs was taken in the night last week by some rogues probably for the meat is our best guest.  I could never eat a dog...  Ever!!!

We have been locked in our apartment the last two nights because the guy who owns our compound was throwing some parties. And when Africans party, they PARTY HARD, two days!

Last Saturday was my first baptism. were I was the one baptizing, It was good he truly is converted, and has a lot of fun with the branch, we actually went and played Basket Ball with him today, turns out Africans are just as good as African Americans at Basket Ball.  This is the same one that gave me and my companion the Tribe Names.

Oh... and I would like to point out Missionaries family's are blessed when they have missionary's out in the field working as hard as they can for a greater purpose. So Hale, Alleigh both of you sound like your succeeding beyond all expectations... so you’re welcome. I take Full Credit :) and Dad I hope you enjoy the Kenworth that your son earned for you :)
don't worry I will continue to work on my pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment