Monday, November 15, 2010

November 15, 2010


So I lost all of my photos from home, and the MTC. I don’t know what happened to them they were on my camera one day and the next day half my photos were deleted, I lost over a hundred pictures.
So please send me photo's from home!
I need photos of friends family, good old Star Valley.
This week was good and crazy just like normal,  we ended up inverting with a lady who was threatening to commit suicide. Long story short she is OK now. 
Its crazy to think Im on my last week of my second transfer, Ive been gone almost 4 months already. Time is flying,  that's why my Emails are slowly getting shorter, because time in between emails is getting faster.  This week was good though, we had some major break trough's with some of the people we are teaching. This one lady Teta she is a single mother with 2 children, she just found out that every thing we have been teaching her is true. Truly found out for herself, My companion Sang her a song and she just started bawling... the spirit was so strong. I was letting her use my scriptures and now my Bibles Book of  Psalm's  is covered in tear stains, way better then any high-lighted verse
The work is not slowing down at all, This last zone conference I found out we are the leading mission in West Africa, and I think Africa.  We are growing faster then any other Mission. For the small number of missionary's here the church is growing like crazy! we have over 150 baptisms this month. my zone alone is responsible for 100 of them. Im in the leading district, in the leading zone of the leading mission in Africa! The Mission has gone from 40-50 baptisms a month to over 150, Im not saying this to be cocky but to show just how inspired the leaders of the church are.  They have been changing the way missionary teach since I got hear, the change will hit the MTC in May they want to get us in the Field trained in the new curriculum first before they start sending in people from the MTC that way. The change is crazy and big, its like trying to build an airplane while in the Air, I'm so lucky to be part of this transition. Its every thing I hoped for In a mission and so much more, In May the missionary's will come out of the MTC not knowing any of the standard lessons we teach, We have to teach them, I cant even begin to describe how the work is changing, but I imagine going from mission guide to Preach My Gospel was much the same. I know our leaders are inspired I can see It.

Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment