Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alright well this week went pretty well.   I hope you all got last weeks email. when I opened up my in box I had notices telling me that my Email did not send.  so I sent it again today.

     All has gone well this week,  on Saturday we held a baptismal service,  it went really well, one of the people baptized is named Josephus, he is the younger brother to Larry (the one I baptized Christmas day, the baptism that my baptizing cloth tore open during) well that didn't happen again but something kinda close to that did happen tho,  as Josephus was walking into the font he stumbled  and well he fell into the water... and when he came up his suit was no longer buttoned together...  and Africans dont seem to be big fans of under clothing...  he came up embarrassed but laughing,  all was in good humor, but its needless to say we took a min to re-invite the spirit and continued with the baptism. the rest went smoothly and it was a spirit filled meeting.
    also last week I would said I would take notes of things that have happened so I could have a story to tell you guys.  I was really surprised how used Ive become to living in Africa.  This week nothing really big happened  but I did end up with a tarantula inside my Mosquito-Net. I have no idea how he got inside of my net... all I know is how I got him out of my net. haha  I was just Laying in bed and I looked up and saw this spider about the size of the palm of my hand just hanging out above my head.  so I call Elder Priddis over to come see this beast that is hanging over my head, and Him being a "good old Wyoming boy" did the same thing I would have done...  He shook my Mosquito-Net.  I jumped out of my bed so fast. My companions reply was "dont worry that guy (Spider) isn't going any ware" he was still in the same spot on the net.  So I walked to another get a peice of paper to deal with this monster, and upon my renter the spider was gone... I asked Elder Priddis what had happened, his answer was "Oh... well it fell on your pillow"   This Death Spider was peacefully resting  on my pillow, the same pillow I was peacefully resting on 30 seconds before.    I would like you to know that spider is now resting in peace (RIP)   and my Bed is once again bug free.
     I was talking to my companion after and we realized that even seeing a spider that big back home would have been a big deal let alone having one in your Bed.  Its amazing how you get used to the little things.
     Im Sorry no really spirit story this week,  the week was full of meetings no real proselyting time. maybe next week I love you and will see you later
Love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment