Thursday, February 24, 2011

This week was good. I truly hope you all are getting my emails. because every time I open up my inbox they have been sent back to me.

Today we traveled to bush-rod Island to play football (soccer) with the rest of the zone, and when we finished we were just hanging out eating some rice, when Elder Elsworth stood up and announced his companion had just turned 6 months on mission yesterday... His companion is Elder Essel... My MTC companion!   I was like " Your not 6 months yet, that's still forever away.
we started the same time"
well... family turns out he really is 6 months and I am too... my 6 month mark was passed and gone and I didn't even know it.    Wow.... I cant believe how fast time is going.

I'm so excited, next week we have a baptism, and its James (the blind man) family, after we taught him and he was baptized we started teaching his family. and on Saturday he will be the one to baptize his wife and his oldest son.  he has been working on memorizing the prayer and his family is more then ready.    It is a little difficult because of his lack of eye sight, so what is happening is one of us (missionary's) will have to be in the water with him to help him submerge his family and to make sure they go all the way under the water.

And this last week we baptized a boy named Jerry, his father traveled from the Interior (his Village in the country) and was able to come watch his sons baptism, It was also Jerry's first time to see his father in 6 months.  so it was an amazing baptisim.  the smalest ive been to on mission, It was Elder Priddis and I, The zone leaders and Jerry and his dad. so total was 4 missionary 1 baptizing 1 watching,   and even tho it was so small i would have to say it truly was  one of the most spirit filled moments I have had on mission so far.

Well that's this week.
love Elder Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment